(grabbed this graphic from Karen!
Ok really - where DID July go??? June was nice and slow for me - but July? I blinked and it was gone. A blur of house cleaning, running, reading, and Netflix watching - beautiful!
Let's look back at the July goals...
- Cook at least 5 recipes and blog about them. Two Here, one here, and one here - 4/5!
- Run for mileage, not time - done!
- Begin consistent training for the Baltimore Half Marathon - done!
- Count calories, but eat real food - done. But see goal #4 for August.
- 30 Day Plank Challenge - I lasted until we hit 3 minutes and that was my limit! (22/30 days)
- Run 75 miles. Lots of my runner friends regularly clock 100+ miles a month. Last month I hit 63, and with several long runs in my future - I think 75 is doable!
- August Core Challenge @ Sneakers and Fingerpaints - a strong core is key for running, and for overall fitness. I liked the plank-a-day challenge last month, and I wish instead of stopping at 3 minutes, I'd just kept doing 2-3 minutes a day.
- Foam Roll/Stretch regularly - and by regularly, I mean seriously - not just the halfway kind, but do a good job really stretching and rolling 3-5 times a week.
- Eat mindfully. After a solid month back to calorie counting, my weight stayed exactly the same as it had when I spent June eating mindfully. And there was a lot less guilt in that way of life, and since it didn't affect my scale - I'm sticking with that.