Bowls make great dinners (or lunches) because:
- they're super fast and easy
- they take only one pan (if you have the other stuff pre-cooked)
- you can put in LOTS of veggies so it makes a huge serving for not a lot of calories
- it's a great way to use up random things in your fridge- throw in everything but the kitchen sink! (hence the name!)
- you can put anything that you like in it - make it to suit your tastes and dietary needs!
I made a big batch of quinoa this weekend, plus chopped a bunch of veggies so I was ready to go. I also wanted to use up some leftover beans and some veggies that were nearing the end of their shelf life.
Monday night's bowl: garlic, onion, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, grape tomatoes, Swiss chard (leaves only), chickpeas, black beans, and quinoa sauteed with salsa, cumin, and turmeric. I topped it with sliced avocado and some cheddar cheese.
Tuesday night's bowl: garlic, onion, peppers, zucchini, Swiss chard (stems and leaves), asparagus, sauteed with cumin, turmeric, pepper, and Trader Joe's 22 Seasoning Salute. I topped it again with avocado and cheese.
Jen at Peanut Butter Runner is also a bowl fan, check out some of her bowls here!