1. The coral short sleeved cardigan: I liked this item. I think I'd get a lot of use out of it, the cut was great, loved the color. However, it was $48 and I could definitely find a similar piece way cheaper at any number of stores.
2. The aqua shirt: Pulled this out of the box, laughed and thought "Yeah, not happening." Put it on - and thought..."Maybe I don't look ridiculous. And maybe I actually like this?!" - and when I posed this collage on Instagram and Facebook, the aqua shirt was a unanimous YES. (more about it below)
3. The flower tank: A.W.F.U.L. The picture actually looks better than it looked in person. I know, it's bad. It was way to flouncy, flowy, drapey. Not happening.
4. The blue blazer: loved it! It was a knit blazer so it was suuuuuuuper comfy. I sent it back though, because in about 25 pounds it will be baggy and not cut correctly.
5. The white shirt: I loved this at first. It was actually the item I thought I was going to keep. Then, my stylish friend Lauren suggested I take a second look at the sleeves. She was right - they were awkward looking. Plus, a flowy v-neck white shirt would be easy to find at a lot of stores in the mall too.
In the end, the aqua shirt is the piece I kept. This one really surprised me. I thought I'd hate it! I kept it for several reasons: it is incredibly soft and comfortable, it's really flattering, I love the color, and I wouldn't have even tried this on in a store.
The shirt is also really versatile!
Here I paired it with jeans and boots:
I wore it to church on Sunday with skinnies, zebra flats, and a fun necklace.
I can wear it with black yoga pants and sneakers for a comfy outfit.
I wore it to work with black dress pants. The low slung wide belt was also a suggestion of Lauren's! I love it! It's totally out of my "style comfort zone" but that's what makes StitchFix fun!