One of the biggest motivators to keep going during a run is what I'm listening to! I can't stand to run without listening to something. My phone died during the last 1.4 miles of an 8 mile run on Monday and I about went crazy. Luckily it was just the last part!!
As I've mentioned before, one of my favorite things to listen to while running is the podcast that Jillian Michaels does. It is laugh out funny as well as informative. You can find it on iTunes. Each episode is about 45-50 minutes long, and they come out around once a week.
On longer runs, I typically listen to the podcast and then listen to music for the other 30 minutes. My pal and former college roommate, Kellie, asked me what was on my playlist - so I thought I'd share my most current faves! I don't listen to these on shuffle either, it's always in this order - planned out so the songs "One More" and "The Fighter" come on right about the time I think I'm going to give up.
- I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor Swift)
- Reckless (Jeremy Camp) - this one is a new fave, the album comes out 2/12!! Can't wait!
- Want U Back (Cher Lloyd)
- Tonight (tobyMac feat. John Cooper)
- Ready or Not (Bridgit Mendler)
- Who's That Chick? (David Guetta & Rihanna)
- Hall of Fame (The Script feat. will.i.am)
- One More (Superchick) - this is on EVERY running playlist I make
- The Fighter (Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder) - also on all playlists & I blogged about it.
- Let Me Think About It (Ida Corr)
- I'm Alive (Jeremy Camp)
- One More Night (Maroon 5)
That's usually as far as I get on the playlist. There's also some Justin Bieber (All Around the World and Never Say Never), Usher, Karmin, and Kelly Clarkson on the list but I hardly get to those songs. My current faves are all at the beginning!