I guess this recipe is more of a chili, but I like the name "taco soup" - it just sounds more festive! I made this up in the grocery store!
Quick and Easy Crockpot Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef (use grass fed - it's better!)
1 large can fire roasted tomatoes (28 oz)
2 cans black beans (14.5 oz)
1 can pinto beans (14.5 oz)
1 can green chilies (4 oz)
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (7 oz)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
1 cup water or stock
How it's done:
1. Brown and drain the ground beef.
2. Rinse and drain the beans.
3. Put everything in the crock pot on high for 4 hours.
4. Do something fun for 4 hours while you wait for this to be finished.
5. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and a side of tortilla chips!
Sharing this at Tasty Tuesdays!