This picture doesn't do justice to the flavor! Sorry for my poor iPhone photography skills!
This recipe was inspired by this Italian Chicken recipe a friend found on Pinterest. You should also make the Italian version, because it is AWESOME!! I mean - seriously delicious, I ate it for a week straight kind of awesome.
Fiesta Chicken Bake
6 chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1/2 cup light sour cream
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp (or a few shakes) red pepper flakes
salt/pepper to taste
2 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Place chicken breasts a greased baking dish.
2. Mix beans, salsa, sour cream, flour and spices in a bowl.
3. Pour bean mixture over chicken breasts, allowing the chicken to poke through.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
5. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
I've been eating it all week with a serving of Copycat Chipotle Rice!
(I entered the recipe into MyFitnessPal and said 6 servings - so this is approximate for the chicken and bean mixture only)