Here's my step-by-step teaching myself how to make pasta tutorial!
Basic Pasta Ingredients: (from the book that came with my pasta maker)
125 grams of flour
1. Measure your flour.
2. Add flour to your bowl, making a small well in the middle.
3. Add the egg into the little well.
4. Use a fork to mix the egg and flour.
5. Add water if necessary until you get a nice firm dough. (I added about 2 tbsp of water)
6. In small sections, run the pasta through your pasta maker. Start off running it through a few times on the widest setting. Then turn it down a notch, run it through, turn it down another notch, run it through, etc. Continue until the pasta is the desired thickness.
7. Play around! This was my first batch of dough. I tried running it through the fettuccine cutter, the regular spaghetti cutter, and making a ravioli.
8. For ravioli, I cut squares the size I wanted out of the pasta. Then I used my 1 tablespoon scooper to add the filling. My filling is a puree of roasted mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and olive oil.
9. Add the second square on top.
10. Use a ravioli stamp to seal. Trim the edges. I also played around with using a biscuit cutter and then sealing the edges with a fork. That worked well too!
11. Place the raviolis on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Freeze until ready to use!
12. Pop the frozen raviolis into boiling water for 4-6 minutes.
13. Smother with super healthy pasta sauce.
This was much, much easier than I had expected it to be. They froze really well, and cooked up quick. It'd be easy to spend a Sunday afternoon making a big batch of ravioli to freeze!
I also made a batch of fettuccine, let it dry overnight, and then cooked it a few days later. It was delicious, too!
Find more recipes at Tasty Tuesday!