Spinach Tomato Pasta Soup
(adapted from Food Network)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
4-6 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 (14 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
1/2 tsp each - oregano, parsley, basil
9 oz pasta of your choice
10 oz package of fresh or frozen spinach
1. Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft and translucent
2. Add chicken broth and can of tomatoes (undrained) - bring to a boil.
3. Stir in spices and pasta, cook pasta according to package directions
4. Add spinch in last and cook until it wilts (if using fresh)
5. You can add extra liquid as you see necessary, I used 4 cups of broth and ended up adding about 2 cups of water.