I tried doing a "summary" at the end but the audio was off with my webcam and my voice sounded like Frankenstein!
My 3 "Cooking For One" Tips:1. Individually freeze your protein. It's a lot easier to pull out one piece of chicken in the morning to defrost than it is to defrost a whole pack and figure out what do with it all!
2. Have quick and healthy sides on hand, like brown rice, quinoa, or whole wheat pasta.
3. Include a veggie with your meal every night! Frozen veggies, a salad, grilled veggies - whatever!
You can make a quick (and healthy!) meal as easy as 1, 2, 3! For example:1. Cod sprinkled with seasoning, wrapped in foil, and thrown on the grill.
2. Angel hair pasta cooks up really fast in some boiling water.
3. Saute some zucchini in a little olive oil and garlic salt, when the pasta is done cooking, add it to the zucchini.
4. Voila - grilled fish with a side!
My other trick with angel hair pasta is to always have some sauce on hand. I take a jar of spaghetti sauce and freeze individual portions in a muffin tin. Then store those "sauce cubes" in a big Ziploc bag. It's so easy to make the pasta, defrost a "sauce cube" and throw together a salad for an easy spaghetti dinner!
Shared with Women Living Well!