Very Berry Pie
8 cups (2 pounds) mixed frozen berries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1. Toss the berries with the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice until well coated.
2. Unroll one pie crust and make sure it comes up to the edge of the pie plate.
3. Fill the crust with berries, then dot with butter. (the original recipe called for 2 tbsp of butter, but I'd cut it down to 1 tbsp next time)
4. Unroll the 2nd pie crust over the top, pinch the crusts together (make it look fancy, or make it look like mine haha), cut slits to vent
5. Bake the pie at 375 for 45-50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Sharing this at Tasty Tuesdays, hosted by Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.