Have you ever hungered for God's Word? Just wanted more of it? Felt like the words were leaping off the page at you? I have been having that feeling lately and I am anxious to do something with it!
I was calling last summer the "Summer of YES". I had determined to say yes to invitations, go on trips, visit friends, do fun things, and just stay busy. And, I accomplished that and I NEEDED that. I needed to paint rooms in my house, to go different places, and to just stay busy.
This summer I'm dubbing the "Summer of Spiritual Growth". Ok - that's kind of a lame title. Maybe I'll come up with something better, but probably not. Anyway - like I said earlier, I have been really feeling like I need some serious time in the Word. I've also been desiring to strengthen my prayer life.
In order to do this, I've armed myself with a few books and studies, and I'm hoping you'll suggest some more of your favorites to me! Here's my list so far:
- The Bible (um..duh. Couldn't do this without that - for sure!)
- "Get Off Your Knees and Pray" by Sheila Walsh
- "The Power of a Praying Woman" (the workbook/study) by Stormie Omartian
- "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore - can't wait to do this study with some of my girlfriends!!
- "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp
- "The Fitting Room" by Kelly Minter (I'm reading this one with the Bloom Book Club online)
- "Rain on Me - 40 Day Devotional" by Holly Gerth (she writes for (in)courage and I loved the previews she gave on their blog)
That's my list. What are your favorites? Any suggestions for me to add to my list? I can hardly wait for coffee and quiet time SUMMER mornings!
Sharing this with Courtney @ Women Living Well!