No Noodle Lasagna
1 spaghetti squash, cooked and separated
2 cloves of garlic
chopped veggies (whatever you like or have on hand! I used peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini, Kristin used peppers, broccoli and spinach)
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 lb. extra lean ground beef or turkey
cheese (I used feta - I think you get more 'bang for your buck' with feta, you can use less cheese and still get lots of flavor)
1. Cook the spaghetti squash. I did mine the day before and refrigerated it.
2. Sautee the garlic and veggies (all but the spaghetti squash) in a little olive oil.
3. Once the veggies are soft, add the tomato sauce and cook through.
4. Put that mixture into a big bowl.
5. Add the ground beef to the same pan and brown.
6. Mix the beef with the veggie mixture.
7. Press half the squash into the bottom of the pan to make the "noodle" layer.
8. Spoon the veggie/meat mixture on top.
9. Sprinkle with cheese.
11. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, until warmed through.
I served mine with a side of my friend Laura's "Low Guilt" Garlic Cheddar Biscuits! Delicious!
Linking this with Beauty and Bedlam!