Monday, July 12, 2010
This week's challenge is to make a list of 5 homemaking skills you think will be important for a wife. How could you start working on those this week, even before you meet "the one"? Why not use your singlehood to work on those skills?
I've been a wife, so I think I know those skills...and I definitely still need to work on them. My mom is probably getting a kick out of this particular post.
5 homemaking skills I commit to working on this week are:
1. Washing the dishes every night before I turn in for the night and putting them away in the morning. (I can hear my mom laughing now)
2. Straightening up my den before bed at night. This is the room with my TV and big comfy couch, it tends to be a space where I do lots of things. However, it is a tiny room and gets cluttered quickly.
3. Laundry - weekly. I'm really good at almost all of laundry detail - until it comes to the "remove from the dryer and fold" part. I can't begin to tell you how often I use that "wrinkle release" setting!!
4. Planning my meals. I actually started doing this last week. When Isaac was here, I was fairly good about sitting down and planning our meals, because he liked to know what we were having for dinner. Since it's just me again, I have been a slacker in this area. By not planning my meals, I spend more time and money at the grocery store. I also eat less healthy and tend to eat out more.
5. Setting up a cleaning schedule. Ugh. I am really, really terrible at this. But I'm going to try!
I'll let you know in a week how I did!!