Friday, May 20, 2011
And here's how I made my mom's:
1. Grab a board! I made mine with a piece of scrap wood I found in my basement. I made my mom's using a piece of wood I picked up at AC Moore for a couple bucks.
2. Choose your handles. I got mine at Target and Lowe's.
3. Paint your board. I used a coat of white paint followed by a coat of pearlish paint.
4. Lay out your pieces.
5. Measure and mark before you drill!
6. For mine, I stapled a piece of ribbon as a hanger. For my mom's, I found an old wooden hanger and drilled that into the top so she could hang it in the RV closet.
7. Drill your holes and attach your handles.
8. Hang your jewelry!