1. I wrote this list of upcoming races on a post in April. I laughed out loud yesterday when I was looking back at this list and realized that so far I've only actually done 1 of the 5 - the Double Creek 5k, which I actually just walked and did in about 48 minutes. HA! I just did not feel like racing, or even running much, the past month or so. In fact, I just took a solid month long break from running almost completely.
2. Last night, for the first time in years, I donned a swim cap and goggles for some lap swimming! More on this later - but my goal for this next round of half marathon training is a focus on cross training. Admittedly, I was SO NERVOUS about hitting the pool because it was new. My sweet friend Steph said "put on your big girl panties and GO!" - haha!!! Thanks for the encouragement - and apparently my big girl panties look an awful lot like a hot pink one piece swimsuit.
3. Anyone who is an introvert - you totally get this. My boyfriend, Dan, is a total extrovert. But for me, there are times when I just can't be around people. I get a "people hangover" sometimes - haha! There's a bit of a learning curve when dealing with this in a relationship. I want to be around Dan a lot, and sometimes that comes at the expense of my own self-care. It's important for me, and for our relationship, that I speak up and say "I just need some down time" - and Dan is always okay with that and totally understanding. And we're both happier when I'm not being a grump - ha!
4. I felt like I needed to share this with you. This grapefruit vodka is life changing. My friend Brett introduced me to it and I can now thank him for less money in my bank account and more calories in my belly. But it's worth it.
5. I had to stop at Starbucks (or "5bucks" as Dan calls it) on my way home from the gym today because the only coffee I had at home was from Aldi. I love dark roast, black coffee. I like the bitter taste of it. But Aldi's dark roast...well...it's awful. It tastes like I'm drinking a glass of burned tree bark. So I HAD to get this coffee.